May 15, 2010

Resource: Valet.


If I had a dollar for every time I wished that magazines for women were more like magazines for men, I'd be rollin' in it. {Please note: I'm making a distinction here between "magazines for men" (Esquire etc...) and "men's magazines" (Hustler etc...).} Of course, I'm not giving up on magazines for women it's just that magazines for men seem to be generally more well-rounded and informative and they take themselves less seriously... yet, I don't buy magazines for men because I'm, well, a lady.

That's why when Lauren over at The Art Object told me about Valet. I was smitten. Although they do have lifestyle/culture stories, I'm most interested in the clothing-related articles (pun) many of which have interesting historical facts. For example, they reveal the history behind that little "v" on the collar of sweatshirts and teach readers about how Paul Sperry's cocker spaniel, Prince, was the inspiration for his classic boat shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I once took a personality test that told me I was a perfectionist and I thought the test was flawed. True story.

Followers