June 17, 2010

Product Appreciation: Sonicare Toothbrush

I was once told this story of someone going to the dentist: the dentist looked briefly at her teeth and said to her "Your teeth are pristine, I don't have to do anything, you must have a Sonicare." And she did.

After hearing that story a few years ago I was sold on getting a super-duper Sonicare electric toothbrushe in theory but never got one because I thought they were far too expensive. After some uncomfortable gum recession from brushing too hard (yes, I'm the kind of person that brushes their teeth too hard) I decided it was time and opted for the HX6710 model. It's wonderful! My teeth have never been so clean.

Part of me thinks this feeling of cleanliness could be because the timer on the toothbrush encourages you to brush for a full 2 minutes, something I wasn't doing before, and not because the bristles of the brush are really that advanced. Then the another part of me thinks it's best not to think to much about it because at least I'm brushing for 2 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I need to get this. I am dreading my next dentist appointment and the tongue-lashing I know I am going to get for not flossing. I am obsessed with my clarisonic face scrubber which jiggles all the bad junk from your skin, so if this work the same miracle for me Teefs, I am all in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have to have surgery for your gum recession? My friend Alexandra did. Sometimes I wonder if dentists dream up these mouth disorders. Like wisdom teeth, pish posh, I'd rather keep 'em so I have the extra might for meat chewing.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I once took a personality test that told me I was a perfectionist and I thought the test was flawed. True story.

Followers