October 8, 2009

The New Old Schlitz

Toby Cecchini's article,"Schlitz is Back" , is the kind of classic tale product developers will tell their children for many years to come.
"They found the beer had strayed so far, however, that no one associated with the brand even knew the original recipe anymore. The brewmaster Bob Newman had to track down Schlitz employees and brewers from the 1960s to piece together the formula, which he then tweaked for months, tasting it with those same old-timers, and finally calling it the “Classic 60’s Formula.” The company rolled out its first batches in Milwaukee last summer to great fanfare."
-Toby Cecchini

2 comments:

  1. the new shlitz is sooooo good. if only we could get it in texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good! I wondered if you'd had it before.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I once took a personality test that told me I was a perfectionist and I thought the test was flawed. True story.

Followers

Blog Archive