November 18, 2009

Industry Standard: Deyrolle (Paris Week)



What's the only thing creepier than taxidermy? Antique taxidermy.
What's the only thing creepier than antique taxidermy? Charred antique taxidermy.

Deyrolle, a taxidermy shop, opened in the 19th century and is a Paris institution. From what it sounds like, there's truly no other place like it (I wouldn't know because I don't like to be around dead animals). In 2008, much of the legendary shop's inventory was destroyed in a fire. The haunting aftermath was captured by two photographers: Laurent Bochet (image on left) and Martin D'Orgeval (image on right).

2 comments:

  1. Seeing as you don't like to hang out around dead animals, you might not like to visit me at my current weekend gig:


    www.theevolutionstore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philip Crangi has lots of taxidermy in the studio....including a teacup chihuahua right behind the desk I often work at and a racoon wearing about 10 gold chains.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I once took a personality test that told me I was a perfectionist and I thought the test was flawed. True story.

Followers