November 24, 2009

Ranjan's/Monsieur Hulot's Resources (Paris Week, best for last)

My friend Ranjan (pictured above, with pipe) is no stranger to the finer things in life, which is why it's such an honor that he's also the Order of Things' most vocal advocate.

While living in Paris, he discovered two historic shops and was kind enough to share them with us. He suggests Parapluies Simon, which has "some of the most beautiful umbrellas and canes [he has] ever seen." Ranjan describes the pipe store, Au Caid, founded in the 1870s, as "a wonderful shop" where he recalls the "proprietor's exuberant mustachio." That Ranjan, what a gem! Thank you!

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
I once took a personality test that told me I was a perfectionist and I thought the test was flawed. True story.

Followers