November 17, 2009

Product Appreciation: Chanel No. 5 (Paris Week)


I don't wear Chanel No. 5, in fact, I don't really like the way it smells however, I love its history. A few weeks ago, I felt the urge to drop everything I was doing and make an enormous bottle of Chanel No. 5 out of papier mache. As I was looking for images of the iconic bottle, I came across this NotCot post which points out how the bottle's proportions mimic Place Vendome.
Here's my bottle. I hung it on the wall above my bed because someone once told me that when asked what she wore to bed, Marilyn Monroe replied "Chanel No. 5."

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! :) I saw your bottle in Superclever's flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had no idea about the proportions! incroyable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that when I saw it in your apartment! Sooo amazing. And I agree, I tried to wear this scent in high school! I couldn't do it. I love it on others but not on me.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I once took a personality test that told me I was a perfectionist and I thought the test was flawed. True story.

Followers