September 13, 2009

How To: Buy a Digital Camera

My friend Jessica, the high priestess of technology, mentioned a Sunday morning pilgrimage to B&H. I tagged along on her trip to this holy land of electronics and asked for her suggestions on buying a digital camera. Here's what she said:
1. If you're interested in a fancy SLR consider sensors before megapixels.
2. If you're in the market for a point and shoot camera (like me) sensors and megapixels are less of a concern because most of the point and shoot cameras available today are as well equipped in these departments as they would ever need to be.
3. Pay extra for the B&H extended warranty because it's much less than buying a new camera.
4. Get a camera that's comfortable in your hand and has an intuitive interface because the company that is committed to design is most likely committed to quality too. (Amen! That's why I want the Leica!). Thanks again, Jessica.










No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I once took a personality test that told me I was a perfectionist and I thought the test was flawed. True story.

Followers