September 18, 2009

Industry Standard: Braun AB1 Alarm Clock vs. Bai Pick Me Up

Braun recently started making their AB1 alarm clock ($44) again. Aesthetically, I think Dieter Rams' 1971 design for the clock is flawless. I love that it is so straightforward but the flirty little hints of yellow and neon green give it a bit of added interest. The heartbreaking thing about the AB1 is that it doesn't have a snooze feature! Unthinkable, I know. Yes, Braun makes other alarm clocks that are similar and offer snoozes but they are printed with time zone maps and other additonal features but these clocks tend to look too fussy.
Instead, let me suggest the less expensive "Pick Me Up" by Bai ($32). Although not as refined as the AB1, it's nothing to sneeze at and also offers a snooze/light feature which is activated by simply picking up the clock. A second thing that I appreciate about the "Pick Me Up" is that the movement of the second hand is incredibly quiet.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for share this information, i really didn't know about that, will get advantage from this,
    Term Papers

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I once took a personality test that told me I was a perfectionist and I thought the test was flawed. True story.

Followers