September 11, 2009

Sleep Better for $1.58!

What if I told you you could sleep better for one easy payment of $1.58? You'd say, "Listen Sweetcheeks, I love ya, but you've gone cuckoo." Then I'd show you how to prevent your duvet from slipping and getting all twisted in your duvet cover:

Step 1:
Sew both ends of a piece of webbing* that's about 4" onto all four corners of duvet so it makes a little handle.






Step 2:
Turn your duvet cover inside out and sew the middle of the piece of a 10" piece of webbing to each corner of the inside of the duvet. I opted to seal the ends of my webbing with clear nail polish so they wouldn't fray but that's optional.






Step 3:
Tie one of the center-sewn pieces of webbing inside the duvet cover to the corresponding loop on the duvet.






...from now on your duvet and duvet cover will get along just fine.


*I bought 2 yards of "natural" webbing at M&J Trimming and had some left over but any kind of ribbon would do so you can opt for something sassier. This is also a great way to use any little bits of ribbon and keep in mind that you can't see them so they don't need to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I once took a personality test that told me I was a perfectionist and I thought the test was flawed. True story.

Followers