September 27, 2009

Review: Leather Spa


Name: Leather Spa
This salaciously-named high-end cobbler is always being voted the "Best of New York."
Location: 10 West 55th St.
Price: Disproportionate
The amount I paid seemed unreasonable for the amount and overall quality of work performed.
Service: Laughable/Nervous-making
The service was a joke but my experience there is to boring to recount. Basically they couldn't find my stuff for 36 hours and it was ready 5 days after they said it would be. Here are some quotations from Leather Spa employees just to paint the picture:
1."No, that's impossible to fix."
2."Oh, ha, you're still here?! They didn't find it yet?"
3. "The computer says it's here but we can't find it so it was probably entered in wrong."
4. "We never loose anything. It's probably just not ready yet."
Wait time: 40 mins. at Leather Spa, or 5 days (if you count the time between when they said it would be ready and when it actually was ready)
Quality of Work: Unremarkable
Would I go back?: Never

2 comments:

  1. I'm Gennaro Pecchia principal and creative director for James Custom Shoe Repair. We are located at 1427 Lexington Ave @ 93rd St in Carnegie Hill NYC. We just celebrated our 41st year in business working with the tastemakers and the people who run the World. We are an authorized repair operatory for many ultraluxury... retailers and designers.
    "We will saved your soles, we will heel you and we will even dye for you".
    Please contact me for more info, GennaroNYC@hotmail.com or 646-300-1989.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using Leather Spa (formerly Shoe Service) for 5 years and I have NEVER had a bad experience. These people are perfectionists and have always done a great job! I go there once a week, and I have never waited 40 minutes, which leaves me to believe that you are just a bitter person who doesn't appreciate good work. I hate people that hide behind their keyboard. These people are the designated repair company for most leather brand names - wonder why? Because they are the best!!! Shame on you.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I once took a personality test that told me I was a perfectionist and I thought the test was flawed. True story.

Followers